The Hollow - Romantic Getaway in Makanda
Welcome To Your Shire
The Hollow is, for the most part, exactly the same as The Cove, our first hobbit styled house, maintaining our original design with a few adjustments working with the shape of the land and interior additions, such as the kitchen peninsula under a arched wall. Of course, all the amenities are the same, including the hot tub on the covered private patio outside the bedroom, luxurious robes, fresh whole bean coffee.
With the fully equipped kitchen, you can enjoy a romantic dinner at the beautiful bar height table in the alcove, or savor a glass of wine at the peninsula where you can see the fireplace, TV, and catch glimpses of the woods and wildlife through the windows.
Ultimately the Hobbit styled Houses were designed to balance the unique whimsy of the Hobbit House portrayed in the "The Hobbit" and to provide luxurious surroundings and amenities for a spectacular getaway. When guests arrive they can walk through the round door into luxurious, uncluttered simplicity, and let the rest of the world disappear. Bonus - walking distance to Blue Sky Vineyard. If you remember, when offered a cup of tea, Gandalf declined and asked for a glass of red wine. A lovely Blue Sky Cabernet Franc? :)
- Trigger Text
Decadent king size bed with Tempurpedic mattress and Isotonic pillows
Step into your own enchanted world
View the fireplace from your bed. Ed and Eric actually moved the doorway to make it a perfect view. Yes...they...did.
Soak in the view and let life's stressors ebb away
Dimmable lights and flickering LED candles. Why yes, I'll have a glass of wine...
Just 'cause it's cool!
Five burner gas stove for a gourmet dinner at home
The beautiful chandelier hangs above the granite peninsula.
Craftsmanship and detail are what we do.
So, if you would, step through the round door and walk with me.
"As I roam from room to room...
Luxury Cabin Rental in the Shawnee National Forest
- Private covered outdoor hot tub just outside the bedroom
- Egyptian or Turkish cotton thick hooded robes for colder months and lighter plush robes for summer
- 5 foot ceramic shower.
- Exquisitely comfortable king size temperpedic bed with temperpedic pillows for neck support
- Cozy gas fire place (Usable October 1 - May 10)
- Brick outdoor fire pit
- Charcoal BBQ grill on brick patio (please bring own charcoal)
- High end towels and linens
- Locally roasted whole bean gourmet coffee from Jen's Joe with a grinder and Keurig Duo coffee maker.
- Tea kettle and tea
- Basic spice rack and olive oil
- Fully equipped kitchen with elegant granite counter tops and peninsula
- BOSE Sound dock speaker system. (Auxiliary input lets you play other audio sources)
- Refrigerater/freezer, 5 burner gas stove/range, coffee maker with fresh coffee beans and creamer, microwave, Crock Pot, waffle maker, toaster, utensils, pots, pans, glasses and dishware
- Of course we have wine glasses and a margarita set!
- Reservations for four days or longer receive a dozen local farm raised eggs and a breakfast treat.
- Satellite TV with 40 inch LED television
- Blue-Ray DVD Player
- Private deck and patio with outdoor seating
- Romantic lighting with LED candles
- High efficiency air conditioning and heat
- Spectacular views and of course, walking distance to beautiful Blue Sky Vineyard
<< Pop Up 1 - Enter Your Content Here >>